Monday, October 24, 2011

Where on earth has the Journal gone?

Come tomorrow, it will have been exactly one month since I've posted a review on this site. Oh, the horror! I'm here to inform you that I've not left you stranded, my few readers. Rather, I've simply been quite busy.

On January 5th, 2012, I will be releasing the 3rd installment of The Rift, "Death Springs Eternal." In other words, it's been crunch time over in these parts. The beginning of the book stifled me a bit, as I wanted to take it in a bit of a different direction from the previous book, "Dead of Winter." Because of this, my numerous other projects have taken a backseat - reviewing being one of them.

This does not mean to say that I have stopped reading. I haven't. Not in the slightest. In fact, there are five - count 'em, five - books that I still need to craft a review for. I've been pushing them back, as reviews take me usually about an hour or so to write and I've been paranoid about not meeting my deadline. However, I seem to be back on track, so the next review will appear this coming Wednesday, October 26th. The books to be reviewed go as follows:

Fourth Reich Rising by Tom Schwartz
Suspense by Jason Letts
Dance of Death by David Dalglish
The Haunted Ebook by J.L. Bryan
Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan

Also, in case anyone hasn't noticed, I've removed the submissions page from this site. That's right, I'm no longer accepting submissions. At all. I'll take suggestions, but from now on I will be reading what I want to read. I think part of the reason I've lost a little bit of interest in the reviews is that there have been quite a few books I've started, and then stopped reading after a few pages because they weren't very well written or just didn't interest me. What's the solution? Why, to read what interests me, of course! So that's the way it'll be from now on.

So, that's it for today. Take care all, and see you this Wednesday.

- RJD